Mental Health Awareness Month


Happy May everyone! Also, happy spring- finally!

May has always been one of my favorite months of the year- it means that spring is here (my favorite season!), school is almost done for the year, and I can watch lots of baseball. As Miss North Dakota International 2013 and as someone who has had depression, May is my favorite month for another reason- it is Mental Health Month! This year’s Mental Health Month theme is “Pathways to Wellness.”

You don’t have to be suffering from a mental illness to celebrate Mental Health Month- everyone should take care of and be aware of his or her mental health! Mental Health America has a handy calendar (below) that shares daily tips on how to take care of your mental health. Something as little as calling a friend can improve your mood for the day and your overall mental health!

Even though it is already the middle of May (my final exams really made this month get away from me!), still check out these tips and challenge yourself to complete each one!

Xoxo, Taylor






Learn more on http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/go/may 

Popular Posts