Glam Weekend!!!


This past weekend I had the chance to live out every little girl’s dream to be treated like a princess. My step mom and I traveled to the Twin Cities on Thursday afternoon in order to start a busy weekend full of photo shoots and trying on evening gowns.

On Friday morning I had my individual photo session with the wonderful Paula Preston. I have gotten to know Paula over the past couple of years competing in the International Pageant system, and it is always a great experience working with her. I also was lucky to have the glam squad of Penny Wells and James Peterson doing my make-up and hair. I always have so much fun with these two! The pictures turned out AMAZING and I don’t know how I am going to choose my favorite! After my photo shoot was done I had an appointment with one of our sponsors, Sarah Moses at The Pageant Shop! I have been to see Sarah a few times before, so I knew I was in for an amazing experience. I think this was my step mom’s favorite part of the whole weekend. She has three sons, and so it was fun for her to get to experience something so girly and glitzy!

On Saturday I was finally reunited with my sister queens, Grace and Jen, for our group photo shoot! Kathy and Allison had such a great vision of what they wanted our photos to look like, and Paula, Penny, and James did an amazing job of making it come to life! I can’t wait for everyone to see the photos. (I am always amazed at how physically demanding a photo shoot can be- I woke up the next morning with sore muscles!)

After the shoot was over, us queens, along with our directors Kathy and Allison (and baby Jackson!) did a little shopping- or what I like to call “stimulating the economy.” Miss North Dakota International 2011, Stacey Schaffer also joined us! Stacey and I competed together the year that she won, and it was great to see her again and catch up!

On Sunday we visited another one of our wonderful sponsors, Bessie’s Boutique. This was my first time at Bessie’s- she is so sweet and has such a cute store! After trying on more beautiful dresses, it was time to hit the road and head home.

I want to say a big thank you so Paula, Penny, James, Sarah, and Bessie for all of your support for the North Dakota International Pageants! You all truly made me feel like a queen!

Taylor, Miss North Dakota International 2013


Popular Posts