Holiday Fun!

Wow! I can hardly believe the holidays are over! This holiday season was filled with many memories this past year that I will never forget! Both of my sisters this Christmas were home, and waking up on Christmas morning took me back to when we were all three little girls, living under the same roof. It's just crazy how fast time goes!

        December was such a busy month filled with great friends, great family, and great memories! Before Christmas break began, I celebrated my birthday on December 19th! My mom, Susie, and my big sister, Annie took a few friends of mine and I out for a special lunch! Once break began, I headed up to Walhalla to go snowboarding with my cousin, Tess. Considering I hadn't gone in about five years, it was very interesting, and quite entertaining. Our goal to conquer by the end of the afternoon was to go off of the railing jump, even though it was a slow approach and ended with slipping off the side, we counted it. Hey, it's the effort that counts!

        On Christmas Eve, my extended family came over to my family's house. It was a total fun-filled day with lots of great food, fun traditional games, and reminiscing. Tess and I joked about how we'll always be at the "kid table". Haha! Us two being the youngest, we thought it was funny. :) One of my favorite things to do on Christmas is to cram everyone around the whole table and just talk. It's the one time of year when everyone is home and we definitely don't take it for granted! Every holiday we have this one dice game that we always play! It's called Left, Right, Center. It's an easy game that involves a cash pot, so everybody loves to play! This year we played a new game that a couple of the college kids brought home to share. We called it the "couch game" because the point of the game is to get four people of the same sex on the couch. The hard part is that it's a memory game, and if you get distracted with a conversation, one of the cute little grandchildren, or your phone and your name was called it was really tough to retract every move!

        On New Years Eve, all the cousins and significant others gathered at my aunt Sandy's house and had an absolute blast. It never fails that when we get together we always have tears streaming down our faces from laughing so hard! We played a few games and watched the ball drop in New York City! Watching the ball drop on New Years Eve has been a tradition since as early as I can remember. Every year when I was little I would spend the night at my Grandma Christine's house and drink sparkling grape juice. :) And last year I was lucky to have seen it in person, but that's a whole other story! At the cousin party we played Quelf and Catchphrase, and when all the parents got home we again pulled out the dice to play Left, Right, Center! To say the least, my family and I all had a really great holiday season. Have a happy New Year!!!

Birthday Brunch!!

Grandma Christine


XoXo, Grace Sproule

Popular Posts