Holiday Fun


Happy Holidays everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Holiday season. I had such a wonderful Christmas with my family! One of my favorite things about the Holidays is family traditions! I will share a couple of my favorite family traditions with you all!

I spent Christmas Eve at my dad’s house- it was a fun day of eating, trading gifts, and of course, playing the annual dice game! This game consists of two rounds- in the first round, we go around the circle rolling two dice. If you roll doubles, you get to select a present from the middle of the circle. Once all of the presents are gone, the second round starts. This round is timed, and if you roll doubles, you get to steal a present from anyone.

It’s a really fun game, and it gets pretty intense with my competitive family! After the game is over, we open all of the presents. This is the fun part, as we play with a lot of silly gifts. One year, the present that everyone seemed to be after ended up being a set of Thanksgiving meal flavored sodas! We have been playing this game every Christmas Eve for the past seven years, and it has become one of my favorite traditions.

I spent Christmas Day at my mom’s house- another wonderful day! It started with my little brothers coming into my room to wake me up- they were so anxious to see what Santa had brought them! After opening gifts was another favorite tradition of mine- Christmas morning brunch! Since I can remember, my mom has always made monkey bread (my favorite!) and egg bake on Christmas morning. We also had a delicious Christmas dinner that night, where we sang Happy Birthday to Baby Jesus before we ate.

The rest of my Christmas break from school has been so fun and relaxing. One of the highlights for me was Saturday, December 29. I traveled to Grand Forks with my directors Kathy & Allison, my sister queens Grace & Jen, and Allison’s son Jackson, to visit one of our sponsor’s, Tres Chic. I was so excited to finally be reunited with my sister queens! Tres Chic is such a beautiful store, with even more beautiful dresses! Jen, Grace & I spent the afternoon trying on tons of gorgeous dresses with the help of the owner Katie and her assistant Courtney. I felt like a little girl playing dress up- it was so fun! Katie is so sweet and she really knows her stuff! Thank you so much Tres Chic!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


Taylor Wagner
Miss North Dakota International 2013

Popular Posts