Time To Say Goodbye...


Well, the time has come. It is officially my last week as Miss North Dakota International 2012. It is a sad moment as I think about the year and how fast it has gone, but then I am happy for everything I have accomplished. I have grown so much as a person over this past year, and doors have opened for me that I may not have found if it wasn’t for the crown. I have so many people to thank for making this year one I will NEVER forget!

I first and foremost need to thank God for allowing me this wonderful opportunity, without Him nothing would be possible. Thank you to all my sponsors! I have to thank all my family and friends who have supported me throughout this year, especially my parents! Without them, I would have not been able to pay for nationals and have such a great year. I want to thank my sister queens Ashley and Olivia as well. They have supported me throughout my journey, and I have made lasting friendships with them. I also need to thank my pageant coach Suzy Bootz. She taught me so much, and I was prepared for nationals because of all her coaching. Lastly, I want to thank my directors Kathy and Allison. I cannot begin to express how much they have meant to me this past year. I would have been so lost preparing for nationals if it wasn’t for them. THANK YOU! The instant that I was crowned, I gained a pageant family I will always have!

On the bright side, I am so excited for this coming weekend. I cannot wait to meet the contestants and get to know them. More importantly, I am so excited to crown the next Miss North Dakota International. I know whoever it is they will make North Dakota proud! My advice to her is to take in every single moment during her year and cherish it, as well as jump at any opportunity possible!

I have had such an amazing year and I cannot believe that the time has come to close this chapter in my life and move on. I have many great things to look forward to. In May, I will be graduating with my Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing and have my Registered Nursing license. I will continue working the ALS Association both on a national and local level, and advocate for ALS patients and their families. It is my goal to continue fundraising so that I can see a cure take place in my lifetime. I couldn’t be happier with my life and where God is taking me!

My last piece of advice, which I know I have said before, is to have FAITH and remember that EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON…JUST BELIEVE!

Love always and forever,
Miss North Dakota International 2012
Erica Lemna

Popular Posts