Catching Up:


Hello All,
I know it’s been a little while since you’ve heard from me; and let me tell you college life is keeping me busy! My classes have been going really well and just the other day I met with my academic advisor to discuss next semester…I can’t even believe so much time has flown by already. Since arriving on campus I have not only gained an appreciation for comfortable walking shoes… I’ve also joined an intramural volleyball team and a sorority! Joining Kappa Kappa Gamma has been one of the best choices I’ve made so far. The connections I’ve already made with the girls have been more than I could ever ask for. The Kappa house is my home away from home and I’m so thankful for that. The Greek community in general is so strong here at the U, it was a way for me to shrink the campus down from the astonishing student population of 50,000 +. Along with making lifelong friendships we, as a Kappa chapter, get to participate in some pretty amazing philanthropy work. Our philanthropy is called, Reading is Fundamental (RIF) and works to promote literacy in children. It was founded in 1966 and provides 4.5 million children with 16 million new, free books to encourage reading motivation, family and community involvement, and the excitement of choosing new free books to enjoy. I am super excited to be able to add to my philanthropy work, especially when it revolves around something I LOVE; reading! I can’t wait to see the amazing things our Kappa chapter will accomplish throughout the year!!

Until next time,
Xoxo
Olivia

Popular Posts