On to the Next Chapter


It’s official. I’m all moved into my dorm room in Minneapolis. I woke up this morning and the craziest realization hit me; I woke up in Minnesota today, not North Dakota. Random, I know, but I guess you can say it’s finally hit me. I’m so excited to have started this new chapter in my life, and I’m so blessed to have such a solid support system helping guide me the entire way. Now that this North Dakota girl has gone Minnesota I thought I would use this blog to reflect over some of the things I’m going to miss most about living in Fargo.

For starters, I’m going to miss my family. It seems pretty quiet now without my brother’s voices around. I’m going to miss my dog, Makoti, greeting me every time I come home. I’m going to miss having my best friends five minutes away; the little Starbucks down the street where I always did my homework; and being able to drive out to the country at night and look at the stars. And while I’m super excited about all that I have ahead of me, part of me has taken on a deeper appreciation for everything I had back home; however I know in time I’ll quickly become acclimated.

Only as high as I reach can I grow,
Only as far as I seek can I go,
Only as deep as I look can I see,
Only as much as I dream can I be.
~Karen Ravn

I’ve arrived at the threshold of so many opportunities. The door has been opened for me to follow my wildest dreams and I couldn’t be more excited. Everyone has told me that college is the greatest four years of your life. Here’s to my brand new chapter! J

Until next time,
Xoxo
 Olivia

Popular Posts