Fargo/Moorhead Walk to Defeat ALS


This past weekend was the Fargo/Moorhead Walk to Defeat ALS walk and it was a wonderful turn out! I was on the planning committee for the walk, so my day started by waking up bright and early and picking up supplies. All of us volunteers were a little worried because it started raining pretty hard, but by the time walkers started arriving the sun started coming out. It turned out to be a beautiful walk day.

This walk is the walk my family participates in so I was so excited to see them! My sister queens Olivia and Ashley joined our team so it was so great to see them as well! My family got to listen to my speech I have been giving at the other walks in North Dakota that I have attended and they loved it! My mom gives me so much inspiration and drive along with everyone else that has ALS. There were around 389 walkers, and our goal was 300. We were so excited to see such a great turn out! The fund raising goal was 50,000 and we raised a little over 46,000. I am still determined to reach that goal and I know that we can do it! 





Erica Lemna
Miss North Dakota International 2012

Popular Posts