Summer Fun With My Family!!!


Last Thursday I packed my bags and headed to the lake in Minnesota with my family. It was absolutely beautiful when we arrived. My grandma owns a lake cabin that is surrounded by the cabins of aunts, uncles and other family that when we go for the weekend it is like a mini family reunion!  It is so relaxing being at the lake, and spending time with my family is the best feeling ever. My brother, dad, and I spent all day Friday fishing, swimming, and relaxing out on the lake.  Saturday we spent time out on the water and played cards.  We have a lot of card players in my family with the games of choice being Blitz and Nickels. A few of us ventured out from the card playing to start a game of croquet. My brother ended up winning and he was having a good time rubbing it in our faces. Every night at the lake we ALWAYS have huge suppers! It is crazy, but with all the family that comes down it is needed. We stayed up late Saturday night talking and playing Blitz and on Sunday we went out on the lake again. The weather was a little cooler than the previous days, but it was still nice. Before we left, my brother, his girlfriend, dad, cousin, and I went out to eat at Zorbaz, a pizza and Mexican restaurant. It is a place we go to every time we are down at the lake. We just have so much fun there and the food is really good.  It was a wonderful weekend with my family and I can’t wait to do it again!

With Father’s Day around the corner, my advice is to let your dad, or father figure in your life, know how important he is to you all week!  My dad has done so much for me and has given me more than I could ever ask for. He is someone I call every day for advice, and he is always there for me! I know that for me, it will take more than just one day to show him how much he means to me. 

Love always,
Miss North Dakota International
Erica Lemna






Popular Posts