North Dakota Special Olympics


WOW! The time has flown by these last couple weeks! I have been busy with my new job, and am just now starting to get settled into my night schedule! Let me tell you, it is very different being awake all night and trying to sleep during the day. I love every minute of it though! I was also able to make it home for a couple days and got to see my godchild, and boy has she grown. I wish I could see her every week, but hopefully since it is summer I will get to see her more. 

This past weekend Ashley, Mrs. North Dakota, and I got to be a part of the North Dakota Special Olympic games. We had the honor of giving all the athletes their awards after they did their event. It was such a rewarding experience and the athletes were so excited to see us! I can’t even begin to explain how amazing it was to see their faces light up when we gave them their awards. It was a beautiful day outside and Ashley and I were so blessed to take part in such an amazing event. Some members from the NDSU football team helped out in the morning and we got a photo with them, which was fun. After the Special Olympics, Ashley picked me up later that night and we went to Olivia, Miss Teen North Dakota’s, graduation party. We are so proud of her, and it was a great night!

Just this past Monday, I went with one of my state directors, Kathy, to Hawley Minnesota. We were judges for the Miss Hawley Pageant. It was such a great experience to be on the other side of things. Usually, I am the one competing in pageants but this time I was the one judging the contestants. The young women were all beautiful and it was tough competition but a fun day to be involved in! 

My advice for the week: Remember to count your blessings and be thankful for everything that you have. Many times, I believe that we take a lot of things we have for granted! Have a wonderful week!

Love Miss ND International,
Erica Lemna 


Popular Posts