NO REGRETS!!!


I was home a couple weekends ago, and when I looked in the back of my closet I saw a project I made about 5 years ago. The project was to create a vision board of the goals you wanted to accomplish in your life. I loved every minute of the project, and I had a great time presenting it. I knew that I wanted to keep it so that I could look back from time to time to see how I was doing on accomplishing the goals I had set out for. 
Well, I am well on my way to accomplishing my entire vision board. On the front, I used pictures to represent me graduating as a nurse and working in a hospital. I will graduate this May with my BSN, and I currently work in a hospital for my nursing internship. Next to this, I have pictures that represent me getting married and having children. Although this is not close to happening, I know that in the future it will! When you open up my board,on the left it shows me having the vehicle I have always wanted and house when I get married. I also have pictures that represent dancing. I grew up in a small town, and dance was not offered.  I had always wanted to learn how to be a ballet dancer and so two years ago I signed up for classes. It was an amazing summer and I loved every second dancing at the studio. I even made the try outs for the Nutcracker, but I could not make the time commitment due to school. It was an amazing feeling to have that crossed off my goal list! On the right side of my board it shows me traveling all over the world. I love traveling and I can’t wait to accomplish this goal of going to places overseas.
The middle of my board is something very amazing to me. There is giant glittered crown and it says Miss North Dakota!  I think it is so amazing that I have been able to finally meet my goal and dream of becoming Miss North Dakota.I am running for Miss International and it is my dream and goal to become Miss International 2012!  I also have the ALS Association trademark, and it was a goal to work with them and raise money. I have been working very closely with them this past year and it has been such a blessing! I also have my favorite saying on my board as well as words such as a “positive role model” which I know I have been!   
              I created this board FIVE years ago, and I cannot describe to you how I feel when I look at it knowing I have done so much what I set out to do! I know my goals and my dreams and I don’t let anything or anyone stop me from accomplishing them. As I make my final preparations for nationals I am going into it with no regrets! This is it! This is one of my biggest dreams and I don’t want to look back thinking I should have done something different or better. I am putting 110% into it, and I know that I will do my best! My advice to you is to make a vision board and put everything down on it that you want to accomplish in your life! It will be great when you look back on it and see what you have accomplished.
With love,
Miss North Dakota International
Erica Lemna


  

Popular Posts