FAITH


Well, I can’t believe how fast December flew by and now it is almost mid-January! I had a wonderful Christmas break and I loved every minute I spent with my family. It was the first Christmas without my grandpa and great grandma. My grandpa passed away in November and not even a month later my great-grandma passed away. It was two days before the pageant, and I still thank them for helping me win because every time before I stepped on stage I prayed that they would help me show the judges who I really was. It was tough losing them, but a blessing to become Miss North Dakota International. 

On Christmas day I was asked to be the Godmother of my new baby cousin Morgan MaryAnn Lemna, and I gladly accepted. She was just baptized this last weekend it was a wonderful time. This past weekend I also spent time with my directors and pageant sisters trying on gowns for our photo shoot coming up at the end of January. It was such a great time! 

I also spent time during break helping my older sister plan her wedding. She is getting married this next summer and I am so excited for her. She jokes that I should just elope when I get married because planning a wedding is very stressful. My sister is currently in school getting her teaching degree. I also have a younger brother who is in college as well. All three of us, even though we are all different ages, will graduate at the same time. It is funny how that works out. We are very close to one another and I would do anything for them. 

I am back at school and already stressed. The nursing program has a ton of demands, but I love every bit of it. The first couple weeks are always the toughest until you get back into the swing of things. I know that God wouldn’t give me anything that I couldn’t handle, so I know that I can do whatever he throws my way. I am very excited to get going educating people on ALS and raising money. I have been working with Mary-Sue, who is a good friend of mine, and she is helping me get things going. I am so blessed to have her help me. She was a former title holder of Mrs. North Dakota International and is an amazing woman who works for closely with the ALS Association. 

Each time I blog I am going to try to leave a fun fact about myself or quote that means a lot to me so that you get to know me more. My fun fact today is that I wear a ring on my left pointer finger that says “FAITH”. My mom gave me this ring a couple years ago and I never take it off. I actually even have a permanent indent on my finger because it never comes off. It reminds me every day that God is with me, and that even though you may have bad days you need to always remember to have faith and He will help you through them. 

Thanks,
Erica Lemna

Popular Posts