Finding the Perfect Gown

Have you ever experienced a moment in your life where for ten seconds the world around you stopped and the only person present was you, you and yourself, and nothing else mattered?  I recently experienced this exact feeling when I found the perfect evening gown to wear while competing for the Miss International title. 
           
As I was searching for the perfect gown at The Pageant Shop, I tried on a variety of different styles, received plenty of different opinions, and yet still felt as if I had not found exactly what I was looking for.  I felt great in so many of the evening gowns and being able to play dress up, made my day.  I could have tried on dresses all day if it was up to me but I knew I had come with a mission and that mission was to find the perfect gown. 

Finally, the moment came…I found the perfect gown! Instantly as I stood in front of the mirror I was overwhelmed with emotion! I knew this was it, this was the one! Suddenly, the world stopped and it was just me standing in front of a mirror in a gown that made me feel like I was someone truly special! As the ten seconds passed and I came back to reality, I broke into tears, tears of joy!  I was speechless but the smile on my face described exactly how I was feeling! As Helen Keller once said, “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.”  It is this notion that is able to help people realize when they have made the right decision.

The day I found the perfect gown was a day compiled of shopping, with a photo shoot later to follow.  Needless to say, I was one excited, overwhelmed, lady!  The whole weekend turned into this one amazing experience that I have only ever dreamed about.  To say the least, it was perfect! 


Yours truly,

Stacy S.
Miss North Dakota International 2011

                                               Stacy with dress designer -- Gionni

Popular Posts